Property law can be complex sometimes and here we have answered the 7 common questions generally asked to a property lawyer in Kolkata.
1. What Are The Hindu Daughters And Their Property Rights?
- According to the supreme court of India, Hindu daughters are entitled to inherit the property rights of their father when there is an absence of any other legal heir. Hindu daughters will receive preference over the other members of the family when it comes to inheriting the property. You can know more about Hindu daughters and their property rights attorney near Kolkata by contacting a property lawyer in Kolkata.
2. Does A Married Daughter Have Rights On Her Mother’s Property?
- According to the Hindu succession act 1956, both unmarried daughters come with the legal right to their mother’s and father’s property. Daughters presently can turn out to be the manager of an ancestral property too. Contact any property lawyer in Kolkata to know more about this inheritance.
3. Is A Married Daughter A Legal Heir?
- Married daughters are considered as legal heirs from 2005 as long as the amendment in the Indian succession act is concerned. They have equal rights in the property of the family as that of a son. The certificate will also contain the name of them. If you are looking for civil lawyers near me or property rights lawyers near me, you can find many that can explain the rights of a married daughter.
4. Who Is The Owner Of Property After Father’s Death?
- The daughter and the son will have equal rights of the property after the father’s death. Contact a property lawyer in Kolkata if you do not know about the regal rights of properties.
5. Can A Dad Refuse To Give Property To His Daughter?
- According to law, a father cannot give his property to anyone he wants to or deprive his daughter of her share in it. A daughter has a share in the ancestral property of the Father by birth.
6. Parental Side Kin And Hindu Widow
- According to the supreme court of India, family members on the parental side of a Hindu widow daughter cannot be held to be strangers and the property can devolve upon them as far
as the Hindu succession act is concerned. You can contact any property lawyers near me or search online for knowing more about this matter.
7. Is It Compulsory To Give Property To Daughter?
- Daughters have equal rights in their father’s property as well as ancestral property. So, it is compulsory to give property to the daughters.as the Hindu succession act is concerned. You can contact any property lawyers near me or search online for knowing more about this matter.
How Should We Help you?
- We have Land and property lawyers or civil lawyers near me, you can always count on
Advocate Shilpi Das & Ak Legal Advisors / RD Lawyers & Associates Advocate Anulekha Maity / RD Lawyers & Associates Advocate Puja Roy as we can help you reach out to a property lawyer in Kolkata who can help you with all your property and other issues.