What is the Law for extramarital affairs in India
Law for extramarital affairs in india

What is the Law for extramarital affairs in India

What is law for extramarital affairs? Can it be a ground for divorce?

Law for extramarital affairs in India says that extramarital affair means when a married person involves in a relationship outside of marriage with someone other than his or her spouse. Now it has become one of the most common reasons for a failed marriage. In other words, it can be said that extramarital affairs are relationships outside of marriage. Here sexual relationship or romantic friendship takes place and this kind of relationships often run for years.
It is heartbreaking for a person to experience that his/her spouse is not in love with him/her rather having an extramarital affair. If a person is not happy in a marriage, there are a lot of ways to get out of that marriage. But most people do a mistake and that is they do not break the marriage but continue a relationship outside of marriage.

What is the punishment for an extramarital affair?

According to the Indian Penal Code section 497-
“Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or the connivance of that man, such sexual intercourse not amounting to the offense of rape is guilty of the offense of adultery and shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both. In such a case, the wife shall [not] be punishable as an abettor.”

Can adultery be a ground for divorce?

Yes! According to the adultery law, it can be a ground for divorce. It is not a criminal offense but it can be a good ground to get a divorce. If a man commits adultery, he can be punished by a jail term under Section 497, IPC. But for the same thing, the woman does not get any punishment and goes scot-free. Section 497, IPC says that if a man commits adultery can be punishable with a jail term of 5 years or fine or both. An adultery case lawyer can make you understand the facts based on your situation better.

Call Us For Legal Consult With Divorce Lawyer in Kolkata: +91-98743-71127

What should I do if my wife/ husband has an extramarital affair?

This is a very complicated situation in life. This kind of situation makes a person clue-less what to do. You can try to save your marriage if you wish. Generally, if once trust breaks, there is no way to get it back like before. On the other hand, if you do not want to continue the marriage and want justice, you can take the help of a lawyer.
Extramarital affairs and divorce are common scenarios today. You can smoothly deal with this kind of situation and continue your life if you get guidance from an expert divorce lawyer. You can contact Advocate Shilpi Das & AK Legal Advisors‘ / ‘RD Lawyers & Associates Advocate Anulekha Maity to get guidance for extramarital law and accelerating the divorce process.

Why we are specialists in the law for extramarital affairs in India & how are the most helpful lawyer for you?

Advocate Shilpi Das & AK Legal Advisors‘ / ‘RD Lawyers & Associates Advocate Anulekha Maity is one of the old lawyer firms that provide expertise solutions to its clients. It has handled hundreds of extramarital affairs and divorce cases successfully. Here you will get a team of expert professionals to run the case on the court and ensure justice.

To get e-advice or to schedule an appointment, Call at: +91-98743-71127

Leave a Reply